Thursday, October 21, 2010

Asia

Sushi
  • Spicy tempura Rolls

Recipe:
  • Ingredients
  • 6 sheets nori
  • 3 cups sumeshi
  • 12 pieces tempura shrimp
  • 1 large avocado
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp miso
  • 1 tsp red pepper powder

  • Cooking Directions
  1. Cook sushi rice
  2. Bake tempura shrimp as directed on the package.
  3. Cut tails off the tempura shrimp.
  4. Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.
  5. Cut off the hard skin and discard.
  6. Slice the avocado into thin sticks.
  7. Mix the mayonnaise, miso and red pepper powder.
  8. Roll the sushi, using 2 pieces of tempura shrimp, a few slices of avocado, and red pepper mayonnaise as your fillings.

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I am not a fan of sushi, but I wish I was. This delectable food is so intricately created, with its vibrant colors and various arrangements. I do not like fish, but I am also aware that there is sushi with avocado in it, instead of fish. These are called avocado rolls I think. Overall, the taste of sushi does not satisfy me but I do love its beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat seafood, but i love sushi that only has vegetables inside of it. when i was little, people used to tell me that California rolls had no seafood in them and only vegetables, but later on I found out the truth. i still enjoyed them, but I can't ever bring myself to eat them again. Avocado is amazing, so next time I see sushi, i will look for the ones with it inside.

    ReplyDelete